Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Visit from Grandma Bakker

Isn't this the cutest picture?? I wonder what he's thinking...


Here's another one. Chris propped him up on the pillows to keep him out of Kate's reach. (She's a very determined little girl). Chase is doing well. He's quite the eater and he's super cuddly. He loves to be held and swaddled. He's not a terrible sleeper either. He usually wakes up twice a night to eat and goes right back to sleep. (Knock on wood. Now that I said something he won't do it anymore.)
This post is really random so sorry.
OK, so my mom came to visit last week. It was sooo nice to have her here. She cooked, cleaned and babysat for me while I showered and took naps. It was very nice. Kate loved having her here too. She's loved having all of her grandparents and aunt around the past few weeks. It's really been a blessing to have so much help. Thanks everyone!
Last week Kate had her 18 month check up. She weighs somewhere around 24 pounds and I forget how tall she is....31 inches maybe? She's perfectly normal and healthy, which we are so grateful for. She's started repeating words that we say and she now says "I love you." It's waaayy cute. I'll try to post a video for you. She also sees the camera laying around and she says "cheese" and then signs please. She's a ham for the camera. We have so many pictures of her from the past few weeks because she's always asking to have her picture taken. Chase must feel so left out.
Oh yeah, Kate's been chewing on her fingers a ton lately because she's cutting in some teeth. The other night she must have gotten sick of her fingers and resorted to her toes. Go figure.
My friend Courtni let me borrow some summer clothes for Kate and this swimsuit was in the pile. I think it's incredibly adorable and Kate must have agreed because she wanted to put it on. So I put in on over her clothes and she went crazy wild walking around the house. She's such a goof.

Here's some pictures of my mom with the kiddos. You know how pictures with children go...can't get them to sit still, to smile, to even look at the camera...you get the picture! (get it??? I'm punny!) Ha ha! This is the best we could do.

Ohhh, so sweet!


5 comments:

Maren said...

Sounds like you are doing well. Chase is so cute! What a handsome little guy. And Kate is adorable. I liked the video of her saying "I love you." You are looking great in that picture with Kate.

Isn't it so nice to have help? My mom and my mother-in-law both helped for a week. Now I'm on my own, and I'm actually typing this in my pj's at 12:42 in the afternoon!! Both boys are sleeping now, but I needed my computer time for a few minutes before I got cleaned up. I'm glad to see you posted.

Take care and keep having fun with your little cuties!

Stacey said...

Those are some very cute pictures! I loved every moment with you guys! Thanks for letting me come!!! I love your posts! They are so funny!

Kevin and Eliza said...

I'm glad that you have had your mom there recently. Such cute pictures of everyone. Don't you just love family. I know I sure do. Chase is so cute and definitely a filled out little guy. You can tell he is eating good.

Anonymous said...

MAN, I miss you guys already!!! Kate sure is cute in the video. Love the pictures. My camera wasn't working so I don't have very many, sad day. Sounds like this is a better week for you. Love you all. Mom Bakker

Justin and Stephanie said...

Congratulations! He was a big boy! Good work Christine! You are amazing. He looks so sweet and Chase is a cute name. It is so fun to see pictures of your growing family!