Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

The Saturday before Easter was my birthday. It was a great day even though it didn't start off so well. For starters, Chase did NOT sleep well the night before. So, we were pretty crabby parents in the morning. Then, Chris' parents told us that his aunt and uncle were coming to town so we spent the whole morning cleaning...or attempting to clean...our house. Kate was crying because she had a bit of a fever and was teething and Chase was darn right fussy. So, I strapped him in the carrier and tried to clean that way with Kate following me around crying. Eventually I gave up and rocked both kids until they were happy. We had to bribe Kate with a sucker, but she eventually cheered up. So this is me enjoying my fussy kiddos. Notice the whirlwind mess in the background.


Grandma and Grandpa Carson came over at lunchtime to watch the kids while Chris and I went out to eat. We went to the Olive Garden and had an enjoyable time. It was a much needed break after the morning. :)

When we got home we waited for our guests to arrive and hid the Easter eggs for Kate. We also opened presents. I got a Wii Fit, which I am totally excited about. I got my Mii all set up with a goal weight and deadline and everything. I think I'm going in the wrong direction though because I've gained a pound since then... sigh. I also got Twilight the movie which I've watched a total of 3 times already. Once normal, once with the director's and actor's commentary (which, by the way, Edward is very vain if I do say so myself), and once just the scenes I wanted. Hey! Don't judge! What else am I supposed to do while I'm nursing??? I can only watch so much Sesame Street!

I actually got a couple of copies of the movie but returned one of them and bought the first two books instead. So, that started me in on reading the whole blasted series again. Can I just say how addicting they are? I read the first two books in about three days. I didn't have the third book so I forced myself to wait a few days until I went and bought it so I could catch up on housework and such. Then, Monday morning I went to the store and bought Eclipse to finish off my collection and spent the next 3 1/2 days reading the last two books. Chris was definitely excited when I finally finished. He now has his wife back and my kids have their mother back. It was a nice little distraction for a while. Can't wait for New Moon to come out on video!

Anyways, the rest of my birthday was spent on Kate's Easter egg hunt and spending time with family. We did go out to dinner and had some amazing spinach and artichoke dip at Charleston's. All in all it was a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Dinga said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad it turned out well in the end. That was a little how mine went on Friday: paid bills, realized we were broke, still went to dinner at Don Pedros while my sister-in-law watched Lydia and I worried about her the whole stupid time. Then we went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and watched Bedtime Stories. :) My mom took me to lunch as well and made me a birthday cake, which I have almost completely devoured on my own. I have a Dr. appt tomorrow so we'll see what the scales think of that little binge. :)

Danielle said...

Happy Late Birthday! I'm glad that it turned out being a great day! I feel so behind, I haven't read or seen Twilight yet. I think I'm afraid I would be just as addicted!

Kevin and Eliza said...

You make me laugh. I totally understand how your morning went. Who knew being a mother of two would be so easy right? JK