Saturday, April 25, 2009

Easter 2009

Happy Easter!! I know, I know, I'm a bit late. What can I say? I've been distracted by a few good books lately (see birthday post) and I've been slacking....not just about blogging, but I've been slacking on dishes, laundry, watching the kiddos....You get the picture. But, my books are done and now I'm slowly working on getting caught up on life.

We had a wonderful Easter. These pictures are in reverse order, but we had Chris' great Aunt Marge and Uncle Doug, stop by for the weekend. They are on their way to Palmyra, NY for a church mission and stopped by to visit us. We had a wonderful breakfast with them and Chris' parents and then went to Church. Chris can make some mean french toast. It was AMAZING.



Pennie got the kids their Easter outfits. Kate's didn't make it on time for Easter so she wore it the next Sunday. It's a beautiful dress. It's cream with pink embroidery all over it and it has a big pink bow on the back....And it's poofy. Kate looked just a little too cute in it. This bunny that she's holding is one my mom gave her when she was visiting. Kate was scared of it at first because it moves and makes some noises but now she won't put it down. It makes for a good Easter picture.
Here's our little man in his Easter duds. Isn't he handsome? The booties were made by Chris' Aunt Marge. They're pretty cute!

On Saturday we did an Easter egg hunt for Kate in our backyard. She did awesome and loved finding all her eggs. When I called my family on Easter they had just finished the egg hunt. They had tons of eggs and kids running around. I thought about poor little Kate looking for her eggs all alone...sigh...someday Chase will join her. She didn't seem to mind though. She got all the eggs to herself. :)

So, before we hunted for the Easter eggs, we died them! (fancy that!) :) Isn't she a little pro? We had to strip her down to her diaper just in case she decided to get messy.




So, that about sums up our Easter weekend. We had a wonderful time! We are so grateful for our Savior and his sacrifice for us and for the opportunity we had to celebrate his resurrection. Happy Easter!!




2 comments:

BrieAnn said...

I love the dress Kate is egg hunting in.

Kevin and Eliza said...

The dress is absolutely beautiful. I don't know how I missed this post earlier, but it is really cute. I love church clothes. What a nice Easter.