Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Farewell Chip



Our bird, Chip, passed away Saturday night. We think she had a stroke and that she probably has been having them for a couple of months now so we're glad that she's not suffering any more. It's been so sad though. I don't think Chris or I realized how attached we were to the little critter but we miss her tons. We miss her squawks in the morning when she hears our alarm go off, her little chirps every time we walk past her cage, her fluffy feathers cuddled up next to our necks while we watch tv and the way she always begged to have her head rubbed. Sadly enough, I even miss her annoying screeches every time I use the can opener. Our house seems so quite now. We can't bring our selves to clean up her messy cage and I think we may just miss all the feathers lying around our house. She definately was a part of our family and we will always remember our little Chip.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

We will love and miss you Chip! That is a really sweet message Chrissy. Love ya'll!

Kevin and Eliza said...

I'm sorry Chris and Christine. I enjoyed reading about your bird. Love ya!