Sunday, November 9, 2008

Black eyes and Halloween

I've been slacking on the pictures lately...sorry Mom! Here's a bunch to fill you in on what we've been up to the last few weeks.

This is a horrible picture of me, but so cute of Kate. I was trying to get her to give me a back rub, but I got a hug instead. I'll take that!! I really was enjoying the cuddle time so don't let my facial expression fool you! :)


Here's the photo proof of Kate's first black eye. This was right after it happened. Well, right after she stopped crying anyway. She's such an easy-going baby and she doesn't cry much so it makes it really hard for us to tell how badly she's hurt. Considering how hard she hit the fireplace, she should have screamed for a long time but she just cried for a couple of minutes and then wanted to go back to playing.

We were really worried that her eye would swell shut but it didn't, thanks to our inventive ice-pack concoction! Yes, that is one of my knee-highs with an ice cube inside. Kate actually kept it on for 15 minutes! ...She kinda looks like Rambo, don't you think?
In addition to getting a black eye, we also celebrated Halloween. Kate went trick-or-treating for the first time! We only took her to a few houses and then to Grandma & Grandpa Carson's, but it was sure fun! I suppose next year one of us will have to stay home to pass out candy. This year we just left a bucket of candy on our doorstep so we wouldn't feel guilty. There were three pieces left when we got home, just enough for our little family! (don't tell Chris that I ate them all myself, though!) :)

Kate got to visit with her BFF, Isa, for a few minutes. Aren't they so cute!!

In case you can't tell, Kate was Cindy Lou Who. I tried really, really hard to make the costume. It turned out pretty cute, but I think it was more of a cross between Cindy Lou Who and a clown. Either way, Kate was pretty darn cute!

A Halloween post would never be complete without pumpkins! Instead of carving Kate's little pumpkin, which I thought would be too hard (aka, I'm lazy), we just drew a goofy face on it. Kate can do some pretty goofy expressions so it was only fitting that she had a goofy pumpkin.


And here are the finished products. Mine is the friendly ghost on a tombstome and Chris' is the flame-faced guy. I wish I had a good picture of Chris carving his because he used his drill for part of it. I suppose it makes carving pumpkins a little manlier if you use some sort of power tool!


Anyway, October was fantastic, despite all my posts about toddler woes. We can't wait for November and December. We have Stacey and Andy coming for Thanksgiving. It's tradition in the Carson family that we earn our turkey dinner by running/walking the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. It was absolutely freezing last year but hopefully the weather will cooperate this year. Then, on December 5th we finally get to find out what gender baby #2 is. I can't wait! The following week Chris will finish finals and then the week after that it's off to good-old Washington!! Yeahh!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. You know I check practically every day for them. Very cute. Love Mom

Kevin and Eliza said...

I enjoyed your pictures. Wow nice pumpkins. We just did one so you still did twice the work we did. How fun to see Kate taking steps. She is so cute to watch. Andrew also enjoyed watching. So I can't wait for you to find out what your having. I'm hoping you have a boy, but hey if you have a girl then we will all be having the same gender as our first and that is pretty crazy. Coming to Washington! Alright I sure hope we can visit and let our kids play at some time. Love ya! Eliza

The Fowers said...

She's sooo sweet, Christine! I just love looking at your new pics! That costume was awesome! (btw, this is Kristal Fowers, aka Ginn aka Farrar)

Stacey said...

Ooooo that's right. I forgot how cold it was last year for that race. brrrr I hope it's a little warmer this year.

Christensen Family said...

I may need to call on your hubby to help me. It's our kitchen faucet. I'm here usually every evening if you guys want to drop by...it'd be GREATLY appreciated!

NVP2Be said...

Kate is precious! That black eye looked bad :( Hope you all are doing well.