Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Kate!!

Monday we celebrated Kate's first birthday. Chris and I can't believe our baby is a whole year old...and we've been parents for a year now!!! Wow. I think we have about 200 pictures from that day. I'll spare you and just post a few. :) (unless you're really itching for all of them, in which case I can make you a CD)

Ok, so these first 4 pictures were after the cupcake experience but I'm too lazy to figure out how to change the order of the pictures in this post so you get to see them out of order. You can see in the first picture how messy Kate got. This is a tea set that our good friends the Baughs got Kate. She loves playing with dishes at their house so they decided she needed some of her own. I can attest that she's played with them plenty the last two days. Thanks Baughs!

I just love this reaction to her new toy. You can't really tell, but the toy lights up and plays songs which Kate thought was pretty cool. Thanks Grandma Bakker!
Aunt Stacey and Uncle Andy got Kate some fancy new shoes. I wish I knew what she was thinking when we put them on her. We've never put her in real shoes before.
We thought that a little push-toy would help motivate the chica to walk. (I'm not exactly sure why we are pushing her to walk. I'm sure we'll regret it as soon as she does!) :) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Carson for the cool barnyard push-toy thingy!! :)
Ok, so this is a random picture I took of Kate. She's learned this new look. I think it's the look I give her when she throws handfuls of food on the floor. (Can't you just see me doing this?) :) She's getting pretty good at it, don't you think?
In addition to presents, we had a birthday party for Kate with a few friends. Chris borrowed a moon-bounce from a lady he works with and to my suprise, Kate loved it! I thought for sure it would be a toy for Daddy only, but turns out Daddy knows what Kate likes!





Here's the first picture of Kate with her cupcake. At first she just played with the frosting with one little finger. I decided to speed the process up a bit by giving her a taste. Once she got a taste of the sugar...well, you'll see!

She slowly started getting into it...still with only one hand though.


Come to think of it, I think she only used one hand the whole time, but she definately downed the cupcake quickly once she figured out how to do it! What a mess!! I think my mom has a very similar picture of me on my first birthday.

All in all it was a great day!



7 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Seems like a great day!!

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow Kate is already one! That is so crazy. The pictures are really cute. I love the one with the look. I'm also jealous because you still look tiny. I think I'm really gaining wait now. Probably because I am pretty much eating non stop. It was fun this morning I woke up with pressure from the baby. It just felt like the baby was pushing up on my tummy. I think the baby was moving all around trying to either get me up or get comfortable. Anyways back to your post the bouncy toy looks like fun. I'm impressed that Kate liked it. She is such a doll.

The Wright Fam said...

I wish we could have joined in on all the fun! It looks like Kate had a very happy birthday!

Bryon said...

Congratulations on Kate's first birthday! She has such blue eyes!

I commented on another post of yours and then realized it was in January, so if you don't get that I again say I'm glad you found us and that we'll link to your blog and keep informed.

Waggoner Family said...

She is SO cute! I can't believe that she is one! I love all the stories!

Dinga said...

Christine,

Wow, if you didn't know better you would think I was trying to copy every step of your life, except winning the mini-chopper - bummer. You'll have to check out my blog once I get around to posting pics of Lydia's b-day. Same messy cupcake story. And, how did we announce baby #2 to the fam - a BIG Sister T-shirt. :) Glad to know we are so in synch. :) Congratulations on expecting. Where did you get the banner of baby gestation?

Stacey said...

Ok, so you might not find this funny, but I was showing Kate's birthday pics to the guys downstairs at work, and one of them looked at her glaring photo (the one with her eyes down) and said, "THAT LOOKS LIKE VIGO'S GLAIR FROM GHOSTBUSTERS!" I looked it up online and could only laugh.He he....