So, I'm posting this story at Chris' request. If you're not into diaper stories I suggest you skip this post.
The other night we were eating a peaceful dinner... I take that back - it wasn't peaceful at all. Kate has a new habit of screaming all the time. Out of nowhere, high-pitched, loud, obnoxious screaming. It seriously never stops. Sigh... I should probably start the story over... The other night we were eating dinner. That is, Chris and I were eating. Kate, however, chose to scream instead of eat. So it wasn't a very pleasant dinner experience, but we got through it.
After dinner, I was doing dishes (by hand - our dishwasher broke a few weeks ago...bummer). Chris was putting away the leftovers and Kate was at my feet screaming. I looked down at her to try and convince her for like the 100th time to stop screaming and noticed that the back of her shirt was wet. Upon further inspection, Chris and I realized we had a poopy mess on our hands. Leftovers and dishes were dropped and we swept her away into her room to change her.
In the process of taking the soiled clothing off of the screaming, squirmy mess of a child we have, the poop made it's way up her back and all over her legs. We wiped her down as much as we could and then decided a bath would be the only way to get her clean. I took her into the bathroom and stood her up outside the tub while the tub filled (the water was too cold to stick her straight into the tub). In the meantime, Chris and I were gathering all the bath necessities and washing ourselves off (we were a mess, too at this point). I'm glad there were two of us!
Suddenly, Kate got really quiet and we noticed she was looking down at the floor and lifting her leg. Yup! You guessed it! She had peed all over the floor!! (Have you ever seen how much urine a 1-year-old's bladder can hold????) I put her straight into the bathtub while Chris began gathering bleach/floor cleaner and a rag to mop up the mess. I think it was at this point that Chris said "This is definately blog-worthy!" Then we laughed and played with our daughter in the bathtub while we waited for the floor to dry.
Anyways, this whole ordeal took about an hour - not including the cleanup of the changing table, the clothes and all those dishes we forgot about. What a mess!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ha! That happened to me in a Hobby Lobby parking lot once.
I just went to Handbag Planet. I think the contest portion may be over. When I signed up, it just showed the bags they were giving away...There are so many cute bags!!! ...I prefer my diaper, of course. ;)
This story made me laugh. I know about the screaming thing. Andrew is often a screamer. I usually don't notice except when I really don't want him to be like in sacrament meeting and when were in public. At home I do notice when he is mad and screaming, but his happy screaming isn't really bad at home, just out in public. I guess you can't blame children for screaming though when they have a dirty diaper, I would probably be screaming too. Anyways sorry this is so long. Thanks for sharing and thanks for answering my question earlier. I'm sorry you have to wait so long too.
Isn't parenthood fun!!!!
And to think....you're going to have TWO in diapers!
:) Mom Bakker
This will be an awesome story you can tell future sutors! I'm so sorry about the mess though, that stinks. LoL
Yeah, thanks for the reminder Mom. :) You don't think Kate will be potty trained by March??
Oh, and Stacey, this story is definately going down in the record book for Kate's first date! :)
Wow, you definitely had a mess!! It was fun to read and laugh at though. It sounds like you handled it pretty well if you could already laugh about it as you were cleaning her in the tub.
Oh my. Sadly, this will not be the last time this happens. Sorry about the screaming too. If we didn't love them so much, sometimes we'd just sell them to the zoo. I am still waiting for Ash and Kate to grow up....I think they're destined for each other. They both have an affinity for making messes and exercising their lungs as much as possible. It's a match made in heaven.
Post a Comment