I also wanted to share a bad mommy moment I had last night. For some reason Mommy (me) decided it would be ok for Kate to play with a glow stick on the way home from mutual last night. I have no idea what I was thinking. About halfway home Kate started crying and by the time we were home she was screaming! The glowstick had leaked a little bit and she got some in her eye. I had an experience like this a few months ago with sunblock and the only way to flush out her eye is to stick her in the bathtub and dump water on her head. It sounds really mean, but it was the only way to get enough water in her eye to wash it out. So, at 9:00 last night, Kate got a bath. After a few minutes she was back to normal again and the redness and irritation had gone down. Word to the wise: do not give your unattened child a glowstick to play with!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Welcome to Toddlerhood
She finally did it. I knew this day would come sooner or later!

I also wanted to share a bad mommy moment I had last night. For some reason Mommy (me) decided it would be ok for Kate to play with a glow stick on the way home from mutual last night. I have no idea what I was thinking. About halfway home Kate started crying and by the time we were home she was screaming! The glowstick had leaked a little bit and she got some in her eye. I had an experience like this a few months ago with sunblock and the only way to flush out her eye is to stick her in the bathtub and dump water on her head. It sounds really mean, but it was the only way to get enough water in her eye to wash it out. So, at 9:00 last night, Kate got a bath. After a few minutes she was back to normal again and the redness and irritation had gone down. Word to the wise: do not give your unattened child a glowstick to play with!
I also wanted to share a bad mommy moment I had last night. For some reason Mommy (me) decided it would be ok for Kate to play with a glow stick on the way home from mutual last night. I have no idea what I was thinking. About halfway home Kate started crying and by the time we were home she was screaming! The glowstick had leaked a little bit and she got some in her eye. I had an experience like this a few months ago with sunblock and the only way to flush out her eye is to stick her in the bathtub and dump water on her head. It sounds really mean, but it was the only way to get enough water in her eye to wash it out. So, at 9:00 last night, Kate got a bath. After a few minutes she was back to normal again and the redness and irritation had gone down. Word to the wise: do not give your unattened child a glowstick to play with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love how you seem to be able to catch all of her expressions with a camera. She's soooooo cute!!
Love Ya, Mom Bakker
I think unrolling toilet paper is instinctual. :)
ahhhhhhhhhhhh HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm laughing so hard! I dont know if it's the picture or the story or both.You are so hilarious. I read this to my friend Caren at work and we're both laughing. She takes after her dad I just know it! LoL!
Ok Christine when do you get to find out what you are having? Maren already knows and I'm sad because I think I have to wait another 4 weeks. What about you?
Post a Comment