Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More of the Joys of Toddlerhood

Chris and I bought Kate's highchair at a garage sale. When we were cleaning it up, we wondered how it got so dirty. I mean, we found food in the tiniest nooks and crannies! Well, I now know how that happens. It's called a toddler. I can't believe how big of a mess Kate can make when she's eating. Even if we feed her, the food seems to end up all over the chair! Plus, you should see the carpet underneath the darn chair! It's a mess!! I don't so much mind the messy chair, but the carpet is another story. What's so fun about throwing food on the floor anyway??

On the flip side, there are some fun perks to this toddlerhood thing. Kate is definately getting more gutsy about walking. She wants to be walked everywhere and she will now stand on her own without being forced to by mom or dad. In fact, just a while ago she let go of me and then tried to lift her leg to take a step! So humerous to watch! It was like she had two huge lead weights on her feet keeping them on the ground and as soon as she managed to lift a foot she fell over. Too funny!! I'll have to keep the camera handy so I can catch the first few steps in action.

3 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

I can't wait to see this on video.

Maren said...

I used to look at high chairs at other people's houses and think-- gross, why can't they clean that up? Well, now I see how hard it is to keep a high chair clean. Noah's is definitely not spotless. It could use a good cleaning right now...

Can't wait to see Kate's first steps!

Leslie said...

Ohmigosh . .. I can totally sympathize. . . macaroni and cheese UNDER the high chair cover. How do they DO that?