Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ways to silence a screamer...

Chris and I have had enough with the new screaming talent our daughter has developed. We've debated different methods and we both agree that screaming back doesn't work. Ignoring it had gotten us nowhere and takes way too much patience at the end of the day. On the same evening as the diaper experience, Chris had an idea and decided to experiment.

His first inclination was lemon juice, but we were fresh out. So, he found some vinegar in the fridge and waited for a nice, long scream to come out of the little one. As soon as she started screaming, he stuck his vinegar-tainted finger into her mouth. It was actually pretty effective. Despite the disturbed look on her face, we had a solid 3 hours of peace and quiet! I'm not sure if we'll continue this method, but it sure worked well the other night!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'll never forget the first sound I heard Kate make while you guys were at the hospital. My mom had the phone and she held it close to Kate cause she was making infant squeeking noises. Then all of the sudden there was a pitch that emanated from the phone. I didnt know if an alarm had rung from a new born infant or if a there was a mezzo soprano in the room doing a warm up. Whatever the case, she seems to be perfecting her talent.

Stacey said...

Can you get a video of her screaming? Just for memories sake? LoL

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is hilarious. I will definitely consider using this method when Andrew starts on one of his screaming fits. Thanks for the idea.