Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Welcome to Grandma Bakker's!

Our trip to Washington had an exciting start! Our flight from OKC left at 6:45am so we were up super early. It was a little crazy, but we got to the airport in time...barely, but it wasn't too bad considering we woke up at 4:30am. The flights were nice. Kate was awesome. Can I just say that we have the best baby ever?! She's so good. We flew in to Spokane, WA and from there it's a 1 1/2 hour drive to good old Moses Lake. About halfway to ML, I noticed a funny smell eminating from my daughter. I thought she was poopy, but after 6 hours of traveling I didn't want to have to pull over. I thought, "she's not fussy, she can wait 45 minutes." Well, when we finally got to my mom's house, I took her out of her carseat and she had poop all the way up her back and sides!! It was nasty! By the time we wrestled her out of her onesie, it was all over her hair and body. So, for Kate's first welcome to Grandma's house, she got a well-deserved bath! My poor sister, Kim, didn't get a proper hello until after the poopy fiasco. I'd like to know what she was thinking when we were all running around the house scrambling for towels, baby shampoo, and wipes.



1 comment:

Maren said...

That's a great shot! I love the story, especially since I had similar experiences numerous times with Noah! Yuck!