After our accident we were told that we needed to dispose of our carseat and that the insurance company would reimburse us for a new one. So, we upgraded to a Britax. It was pretty expensive, but word has it that we won't be disappointed. We haven't been able to use it yet because it won't fit in the rental car that we have...a Mustang. Yup, that's right, I'm driving a sports car! Nice trade, huh? :) Actually, I'd a hundred times rather drive our Jeep than a Mustang, but it's not too bad. The first time Chris drove it he peeled out until he was through second gear. I could smell the rubber from the tires. He loved it! He also did a 180 after backing out of his parent's driveway the other day. His dad laughed and his mom said he wasn't her son while covering her mouth in disbelief. But they both loved it....not as much as Chris did, though! :) We're having fun with it, but we definately can't wait to get our Jeep back!
Kate is getting sooooo big! She's all smiles now and laughing all the time. She's so much fun! I love being a mother and I'm so glad I am able to stay home with her. There's nothing in the world I'd rather do. She's learning how to pull herself up now, but she seems to think that only Mommy or Daddy's hands will work. She hasn't tried to pull herself up on any toys or in her crib yet. In fact, for some reason, she doesn't roll over, or even try to, when she's in her crib. She just lays there on her back either sleeping, crying, or playing. Also, she's always hated tummy time, but in the past few days she's started to scoot around. I think she's starting to realize that crawling is her ticket to freedom and if she could just get up on her hands and knees, she'd be gone! I'm just enjoying my last few days (hopefully weeks) of peace before my child goes mobile on me.
Isn't she cute?! Gotta love that smile!
5 comments:
I love the picture of Chris in the car. Wow! Nice car! You do the picture of 4 on picasa. You can download it for free off of google. Then you go in and do a grid and then blog it, it's pretty easy and kind of a fun way to display. Love ya and hope things are going good.
I'm a total bloggin slacker, too. I always have plenty of things to say but don't feel like uploading pictures or something else really silly like that. I like Kate's new carseat! AND! I'm a little (LOT) jealous of the Mustang. My parents had one when I was in high school. So fun, that's all.
I didn't know you were in an accident! Wow! Glad to see that everyone is okay. We got a Britax too...we got the Roundabout (the Marathon wouldn't fit in our car)...I've heard they're awesome. If I had it to do over again, I'd do something else other than Combi just because of the recall mess and having to use it with no base. Ah well...Hope you're all well!
Oh, that last picture is adorable!! What a cute little girl! I've heard good things about Britax also. And, hey, it's okay to take a little time off from the blog once in a while. I'm just glad you're back!
What model of Britax did you get?
Post a Comment