Saturday, March 28, 2009

First two weeks

My oh my how time flies. I can't believe it's been two weeks already. We had Chase's checkup the other day and he's a thriving eating and pooping machine! He's a whopping 9lbs 10oz already! Isn't that nuts? He's such a cutie. He's a very good baby and so far not a terrible sleeper. He usually gives us a four hour stretch and then a couple of three hour stretches at night. Although after his last feeding he chooses to grunt and squirm in his bassinet until Mom can't take it any more and gets up with him. We'll have to work on that one.

Chris' sister Stacey came to stay with us for a few days. It was sooo nice to have her here. We went to the mall park, ate great food, took good naps and made cute little spring decorations. I think Kate's never had so much fun in her life. She was soooo hyper the first night Stacey was here. It was nuts. Thanks so much Stacey for coming and playing with us!

Up next on the agenda is a visit from my mom. She comes in on Sunday and we will have another week full of fun before reality sets in and I have to deal with two kids on my own. Which reminds me, this morning I thought I'd be nice to Chris and let him sleep in. I figured I got a few great naps in while Stacey was here and he gets up early every morning and goes to school and work so I'd let him get some much-needed rest. I thought I could handle two kids for a couple of hours....yeah...funny. Chase was perfectly happy swinging away in his swing, sucking on his passy when little miss Kate comes along and wrecks havoc on him. I tell you, to keep her off of him is a task and I'm not so sure I'm up to it. So, after about a half an hour, all three of us were having a meltdown. Good morning Chris!! How on earth do moms do it?

Here are some pictures from the past week or so.

As you can see, Kate isn't always bad. She is very good at sharing.
Me and my kiddos
Daddy and the kids.
Chris teaching Kate a little bit of Chemistry.
Ha! So this is upside down...oops! Teaching 'em young!
Goofy picture. His pajamas say "Rock me to sleep" and they have a guitar on them. Too cute!
Kate loves to hold her "Bubba" and poke his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, chin...
Stacey and the kids.

2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

So cute. Wow what a good baby Chase sounds like. It's never too early to start teaching them to hunt. Kate looks like a loving big sister. I'm a little jealous of all of your help. How nice. Enjoy your mothers stay. Take care!

Maren said...

Yeah, Chase is a big boy! He definitely has some cheeks. I love all of your pictures. Kate is so cute with him. I also love the picture of Kate studying chemistry with her daddy-- so cute!

That will be nice to have your mom visit. My mom was here to help this week and I'm so glad she was here.

Thanks for the update and good luck with everything!