Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One week

Only one week to go! My doctor said that she would induce me on the 12th if I didn't have this kiddo by then. I'm not so sure how I feel about being induced but she is going to be out of town for spring break the next week. Who takes a spring break?! :) Just kidding! My ultrasound due date is actually the 11th so we're hopeful that he'll come by then. If all goes as planned, she said she'd let Chris deliver the baby, which Chris is super excited about.

I'm a little nervous about the induction. I really liked going into labor at home last time because by the time I went to the hospital I was dilated to a 6 and it went really fast. I'm not sure how I feel about being in the hospital for the whole thing. Although, I was dilated to a 1 1/2 and my dr. said the baby felt really low at my last appointment. In the meantime, I'm playing wiffle ball with the young women hoping to induce the labor naturally. :) Keep your fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow so crazy. I still have two weeks before my due date. I'm starting to get really excited. Today I thought perhaps something was happening, but now I don't think so. Keep us posted. We are very excited to see pictures of your little guy.

Waggoner Family said...

Hey Christine, I was induced with Blake and not with Kenzie. Blake's labor was about 11.5 hours and Kenzie's was 23. I would go for the induction any day! I know you will be great! I can't wait to see that cute little boy! Kate is adorable. I saw her at stake conference and I tried to get over to you but you know how that goes! Good Luck and you will be in our prayers!

Megan said...

I can understand your anxiety/reservations about being induced... I was against induction with hannah, but at 42 weeks the doctor said it was time, it had to end now. It wasn't as bad as i had thought. So when I hit my due date with Milo & still no show or much progress, I knew I may be looking at another induction so we scheduled it. It was even qicker & easier.
So if you end up being induced, it will be okay!! But i hope you get what you want & go into labor on your own.

Scott said...

After being two weeks late last time, Lela said she's going to schedule an induction the moment we find out she's pregnant.

Hope all goes well.

Maren said...

The race is on to see who goes first! (I hope it's me!) Good luck with everything. I hope your labor goes smoothly.

Mama Tales said...

What a lucky little guy to have 2 such great parents! Good luck and we will be thinking of you! Shelly and Dan