I'm addicted...no, not to the bong like Michael Phelps. I had the best experience these last few months bow hunting here in in Oklahoma for whitetail deer. Thanks to a good friend Gary (a drug rep that comes into the office) who introduced me to archery hunting, I have a new addiction and passion. Sitting in a tree stand or in a ground blind and seeing deer come within 20 yards adrenaline flows through the body. It's exhilarating!!! I shot a buck my very first day! I learned the hard way that when you go, you take a camera! I have been several times since then, but only shot the one. Now that the deer archery season is a month past I am having
withdrawals!
Fur and a blunted tip from hitting bone (yes, that is a good sign)Before the season was over Gary saw the thrill and excitement in my eyes so he lent me the bow I used to hunt with so I could hunt on the last day of the season and practice shooting during the off season. I have been practicing in our back yard with the thought that it would take the edge off...it has only made matters worse. Whitetail archery season begins again in October 2009! Until then I hope to join Gary hunting feral hogs (wild boar). I am a little nervous, the average weight of a boar is 150-200 pounds and their tusks range from 4-8 inches long. I will keep updating my hunting stories as they occur.
Here is to Hunting!
-Chris
The borrowed bow
3 comments:
I feel better about you killing boars then I do about bambies.
Mmmm...I love venison, so next time you go, you'll have paying customers who;d love to take advantage of your new hobby. :)
Nice to see a post from you Chris. When I first read this I was thinking, "Really? Christine likes hunting? And she goes without Chris? That's odd." Then I saw the picture and the name.
I blame my lapse of judgment on my lack of sleep.
Post a Comment