Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bubbly Toes

Last night was so cool! Chris and I were in bed reading our scriptures and the baby was moving and kicking like crazy...as usual. But then he started pushing out really, really hard. Unusually hard. So Chris started pushing back and playing with the little guy. Then we started playing the guessing game.... is it a knee...a foot...maybe an elbow? We were feeling around and realized that we were playing with his toes! It was soooo cool! I got to feel my son's toes! They were tiny, but man, his legs are strong. It's a little weird to see a huge bump stick out of my tummy. I wish I could describe what my belly looked like. It was almost like the movie "The Coneheads" except it was my stomach....and the "cone" kept moving around. I keep saying that this baby brings new meaning to the term "belly dancing." It's weird but awesome at the same time. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is awesome. I just love feeling the baby move around a lot. I don't think I've ever been sure though what I was feeling. How fun to feel his toes.

Dinga said...

I can't believe how close you are getting. How exciting. I have been surprised how much stronger our little man is than Lydia ever was. I still have 12 LONG weeks to go, and already he is taking my breath away, literally. However, the painful jabs mean he is healthy and strong, so I'll make the most of it.