It's an ongoing joke in our house that I cannot make no-bake cookies. Actually, I really can make them...the good way. I like them gooey, chewy and extra chocolatey. Chris, however, likes them dry, crumbly and peanut buttery.
Here's the problem. In my college days I perfected the art of making gooey no-bakes and apparently I no longer can make them the "good" way (according to Chris). For the past year or so I've attempted to make them Chris' way. Without fail my cookies come out gooey, chewy and chocolatey. I don't get it. Before college I couldn't make them gooey and now that's all I can get. I've tried reversing all the gooey tricks that I learned, but nothing seems to be working.
Chris really can't stand it when they come out gooey. Tonight I made a batch and he actually tried to bake them to see if he could get them to harden. Then he said next time he would make them the right way, to which I gladly agreed.
Anyway, tonight we decided that it must be the recipe I'm using, since it has literally been a year and I still can't get it right. Does anyone know how to make crumbly no-bakes? If you have any tips I would love to hear them so I can redeem myself in the no-bake cooking department.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm a gooey-chocolatey type of girl too. Uh...if you need to dispose of the "mistakes", you know where I live. :)
Sorry I'm not much of a help cause I make gooey ones too. I wish you luck on your crumbly quest!
I love the gooey no bakes... ah good memories!! Daniel says Chris is fired - you can't bake no bakes!!! Have you tried adding extra oats - that usually works to help make them crumbly - if it starts being crumbly in the pan before you drop them it will definately turn out crumbly.
I'm gooey and chocolatey too!
I want your ooey, gooey recipe!
Too funny. Yeah Kevin and I disagree on how to make them too. I like just like you and Kevin likes them how Chris does. Here is a recipe. No guarantees though. I hope it works. I can't remember if they are really dry, but they are definitely peanut buttery and dryer than mine.
1 cube of butter/margarine
1/2 cup of milk
2 cups sugar
2 Tbs. Coco (you might lesson this)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
3 or 3 1/2 cups of oats
Melt the butter and add the milk and sugar, let it start boiling then add the coco and continue to let it boil for 1 min. and then add the rest. Good luck!
Post a Comment