I'm so sick of people telling me how huge I look. Here's a conversation I had with the checkout lady at Braums the other day:
Checkout lady: You look like you're about to pop!
Me: (blank stare...did you really just say that? What happened to "hello, how are you?")
Checkout lady: How much longer you got? (by the way, she had a mouthful of something. I think it was cheez-its, judging by the way it smelled)
Me: Oh, I still have 2 months
Checkout lady: Oh, there's no way you're going to make it! You look like you could pop any day....blah....blah....blah...
Wow. Thanks so much! I feel so much better about myself now. Seriously people, do you see me commenting on your weight or how you look? If you want to talk about my pregnancy there are a million other more tactful ways to go about it.
Seriously.
***Ok, so I just re-read this and I sound super bitter. I'm really not as bitter as this sounds. Annoyed, but not bitter. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Christine, I just looked at your slide show from Christmas and how darling you all looked!!! What a great family you have. Let us know when the next one comes!!!Shelly
According to my eyes' ability to see on this Sunday past, you're looking pretty fantastic.
Wow! That is bad... I would say that I haven't had those experiences... maybe I just have that look of "don't you dare..." You just look too nice ;).
The only time I've had strangers comment on my pregnancy was a the Temple, and then when they say, "come back soon" I had to chuckle to myself because there is no way I'm traveling that long again before this baby comes!
That is wrong! I'm sorry for such insensitive people. I just looked at your Christmas pics too, and I have to say that you look very cute! Not huge at all. Although, I can't say you won't get there eventually.......... We'll both be feeling humongous come 2 months from now. No getting around that, I'm afraid.:) But for now, you just look like a cute pregnant lady!
Christine that was hilarious. I loved how you put it and wrote it. I'm sorry that she wasn't very polite. I sometimes wonder if I'm going to make it to the end of my pregnancy. I feel huge, and I hope I'm done gaining weight. Yah right.
You don't sound bitter at all. You sound like every pregnant mother at the end of their pregnancy who just wants the blimp jokes to stop! Poor thing . . .
Post a Comment