Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kate's milestones

So a lot of this blog is about Kate, but frankly I'm ok with that. If you're sick of hearing about her, you can skip this post. This is just for my record. She pretty much is the center of our world right now and she's growing so fast. I don't want to forget all the new things she's learning.

Last Sunday when we got to Chris' parents for dinner, Chris was taking Kate out of her car seat. As soon as he opened the door to the car she said, "Hi Da Da!" Wow! Chris and I were amazed. It was her first real sentence. Even though it's only two words...a sentence!! She's so smart. She has lots of words in her vocabulary now. Some of her favorites are "ba ba" (baby), "ites" (lights), "cacker" (cracker), "up" (which means up or down) and "zeeezus" (Jesus).

While we were in Washington she learned how to climb stairs and now she thinks she can climb anything. She uses her step stool to climb up on the couch. She climbs up on the fireplace and stands up. Yesterday she even figured out how to get from the fireplace onto the recliner. And she's always trying to climb into the bathtub and sometimes onto the toilet. We're being extra diligent in keeping the lid down so she doesn't climb into the toilet.

She is also mimicking our behaviors more now. She walks around with a cell phone up to her ear and jabbers like there's someone on the other line. She even holds the phone up with just her shoulder. She carries bags, purses, buckets, etc over her shoulder. I'm sure she learned that one from watching me with the diaper bag. When she eats dinner I always give her a fork or spoon and she pokes her food to try and get some on the utensil. She usually ends up eating with her hands though, but she sure tries to eat like a big girl.

We got her a baby doll for Christmas and she likes to carry it around. She will cradle it in her arms and sway back and forth. I noticed there are some pen marks in the baby's mouth so apparently she tried feeding it a pen. This morning she tried to feed the baby some scrambled eggs. It's pretty cute.

When she sees anyone with their eyes shut she says "sssss" (shhh). The other day Chris was taking a nap and she kept going up to our bedroom door and saying "ssssss."

She holds pens and crayons correctly when she's coloring. Neither one of us taught her that. She loves to walk around with a pen and paper. It's one of her favorite things to do.

I'm sure there are a bunch more things I'm forgetting, but those are the biggies. She's getting so big so fast! I love that girl!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for the update and for sharing Kate's little world with us. Those are precious things that are nice to remember! It's so nice to read what is going on in her life, and it makes me miss not seeing her grow. She is sure a cute little kiddo. Love you guys!

NVP2Be said...

How cute is that! She is adorable. Hope you all are doing well. I love to hear about what is going on in your corner of the world. :)

Danielle said...

Hi Christine,
I found your blog through Bekah's and thought I would say hi!
I just have to tell you that your little girl is the cutest thing ever! I'm excited that Hannah will start nursery at about the same time as her.
It's funny that Kate says Zeezus for Jesus because that is exactly how Hannah says it too, always with a Z.