Sunday, March 16, 2008
Busy Weekend
Boy, oh boy has this been a busy weekend. First, Chris and I (mainly Chris) worked on staining Kate's crib. We're still not positive we have the perfect color (it's more difficult than we expected, but then this whole process has been more difficult than we thought it would be) :), but here's some before and after pictures.

In addition to staining Kate's crib, Chris installed a new light fixture on the front of our house. For whatever reason, the builders only put a sconce on one side of the garage. It's been driving Chris and I crazy since we moved in, so we decided to add another one to make it symmetrical. Here's the finished product!
Here's the real doozie of our weekend. After the light fixture was installed, we decided to go out to eat with Chris' parents. As we were following them to the restaurant, we got in an accident. I'll skip the details, but basically we were stopped behind his parents and then a lady slammed into the back of our Jeep and pushed us into his parent's car. Fortunately no one was hurt. The lady's car was pretty much totalled, our Jeep is in a pretty sad state, but it is still driveable and I think Chris' parent's car is scratched a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad that no one was hurt! I hate car accidents! I really wish they never happened. Your crib looks very beautiful. I am so impressed. I like your light fixture it is really cute. I completely understand about the whole symmetrical thing. Have a wonderful week, hopefully without anything else bad happening.
Oh my goodness! So glad everyone is okay!!!!
I'm so glad nobody was hurt too. Your crib is beautiful. It's so nice having a husband who can do all those things around the house, isn't it? It's easy to see that little Kate adores her daddy AND vise-versa. Mom Bakker
Love the pictures!
Post a Comment