Friday, December 31, 2010

What we've been up to...October

This post may be long or it may be short. Depends on how quickly I get frustrated with Blogger. I need to find a new way to upload my photos.

Anyway, here's a short synopsis of what we've been up to the last three months.

We went camping for the first time as a family. We both like camping but we've never gone in all our years of marriage. Well, Chris goes all the time with scouts but we've never taken the kiddos. I brought the camera. I  also forgot to take pics until we got home. This is Chase's dirty hand as he is konked out in his car seat. We had excellent food from the dutch oven, had a campfire, did a service project in the morning and got really, really, really dirty. Did I mention we camped within OKC limits just about a mile from the amusement park? Kinda funny. But that's where the service project was so that's what we did.

We got sick. Like, I don't think I've ever puked that much in my life, sick. It started with Chase and moved on to Mommy and Daddy. Kate avoided it somehow. Chris will kill me for posting this pic but it documents about a week of our lives. On the good side though, I finally lost the 5 pounds I've been trying to lose for about 21 months now. :) (I think I gained it all back at Christmas, but that's another story)

Kate's been doing a preschool/playgroup with some friends. She absolutely loves it and Chase loves it when it's at our house because he gets to play too. From the left: Jasmine, Hannah, Kate, Addie, Drew, and Chase.

Just before Halloween we went to Chester's Party Barn. It was a bit warmer than last year but not much. We still had tons of fun though. If you're ever in the Edmond area around Halloween, I definately suggest this.

Kate watching the Pumpkin Chunkin at Chester's.

Ward Halloween Party. Gotta love the cheesy (and messy) smiles.

 We totally forgot all about carving pumpkins this year and I felt really bad so on Halloween morning I let the kids paint their pumpkins. Chase had a bit too much fun.

You know, I've tried spiking Chase's hair with gel before and it just goes flat after about 10 minutes. Maybe he was on to something here...

Kate was very meticulious in her painting and only managed to get one hand dirty. That's the difference between my kids. One's cautious and one's...not.

 Me and Chase hanging out at the park while Kate was at preschool. I love my time with my little man. He's getting so big so fast.

Ok, I have tons more pictures but that takes you up to November at least. I've got to go get something accomplished before naptime is over. Hopefully I'll get around to posting some more in the next few days.

3 comments:

NVP2Be said...

So cute, Christine!!! :)-Kristin

Kevin and Eliza said...

Yuck, being sick is no fun. I'm so glad that I got to see you at Christmas time. I love your family picture.

Christensen Family said...

Oh I miss you guys! If you want a good hair gel for little boys, at Target there is one called "Hard Up" (I know, kind of a nasty name) but it is awesome! It's kind of expensive ($15) but you don't have to use more than a little tiny dollup. It's awesome.