Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snow in Oklahoma!!

We actually had a white Christmas this year. Not just a white Christmas, but a really, really white Christmas. On Christmas day, after we were done with presents and eating, we went sledding! Yes, we actually do own sleds and live in Oklahoma. They were packed away in the wee corners of our attic, but we got them out and had a blast. Chris attempted to make a "snowboard" out of a cardboard box but in the end we just settled for the old fashioned disc sleds. It was a ton of fun. It took Kate a LONG time to even attempt it but once she did she didn't want to stop. She loved it!

The whole gang keeping warm!

This is when Kate wasn't too sure what to think about the whole sledding thing. I promise, by the time she went down twice, it was all she wanted to do all day.

"So, let's get this straight. You're gonna stick me on a piece of plastic and send me careening down a hill? I think I'll stay home and take a nap." He was so tired but he was a trooper!


Here's a pic of our backyard on Christmas morning. It was so gorgeous!! Looks like Utah, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow what beautiful snow. How fun that you have a swing in the backyard. I love it! That's too funny about Chris' sister putting Chase's hair in a pony tail. Weston just has long hair on the very top of his head. He could probably have a pony tail up there if we tried. What cute pictures of the kiddos in there Christmas outfits from your mom. Love it!

Stacey said...

That was a lot of fun! Even Chase with as tired as he was, hung in there and was such a sweet boy! I miss everyone!