Friday, January 8, 2010

The Nutcracker

Time to do some major updating! :0)

We sure had a ton of fun this holiday season. I was so looking forward to Christmas this year. Kate was soooo excited about the presents that she couldn't help but open a couple early (one of which was not hers). :) We did try to teach her that Christmas is not just about Santa Clause and presents. I think we were somewhat successful because today we were playing play dough and she wanted me to make a baby for her. So I did. Then, she rolled up some dough and called it "Joseph." And I looked at her little play dough "Joseph" and it really did look like the Joseph from our Nativity set (in an abstract, 2 year old kind of way).

I think she's a little obsessed with Joseph because the other day we were eating lunch and she looked at this picture of Jesus we have on the wall and she called him Joseph. I explained that it was Jesus and then she said "Jesus looking at me." I think we've now established who is Jesus and who is Joseph. Now we need to work on "Jesus mommy" and we'll at least have the basic story of Christmas down.

Anyway, we stayed here in Okyville for the holiday and Stacey and Andy came down (Chris' sister and her hubby). We went to The Nutcracker (the kids were awesome!! and Kate is now obsessed with ballerinas), ate TONS of good food, played in the snow, ate more food, watched some movies and just had a grand old time. It was like a two week long party. We've been recovering for the past week! :)


So, here's some pics of the Nutcracker to hold you over until I get around to posting some more.

Happy Holidays!!!!


Carriage ride around Bricktown.



2 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

How fun to go and see a live show of
The Nutcracker. I'm so impressed that you took your children. I don't think I would have been that brave. Your family looks so cute in the pictures. A carriage ride how brilliant!

Stacey said...

"So cute!"-Kate