Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Kate

Yesterday was Kate's birthday. I think she had a very good day. We started with singing to her and we ended with singing to her. By the end of the day she was requesting the song. It was cute. She thought we were nuts when we first sang it to her in the morning. You should have seen her face. I wish I would have had a camera. She always wakes us up and we're always slow to get out of bed but yesterday when she woke us up we were singing and she wasn't so sure what to think of that.

After the present opening. We're all exhausted and sunburnt from the triathalon. Did I forget to mention that we celebrated on Saturday? Yeah, it was a long day with the triathlon in the am, no naps for the kiddos and lots of presents. It was fun though!

The number one, all time cutest costume EVER and I'm so excited she got it!

Look at the big girl on her trike! Chris lowered the seat so she can reach the pedals after this picture was taken. She loves it. She puts her stuffed animals on the seat behind her and asks to be pushed everywhere. Yesterday she had her friend Hannah over and Hannah was playing on the trike. So, I put Kate on the step just behind the seat and pushed them around for a bit. Then later in the day Kate went and sat on the step and said "Hannah! Come here Hannah!" She wanted Hannah to sit on the seat. Then today I caught her sitting behind Elmo and scooting around on it. So cute. Hours of fun entertainment.


Ok, so the suprise hit of the birthday presents was this little stuffed Nemo I found at a consignment sale. She is OBESESSED with Nemo. Now she can take Nemo everywhere...and she does!

Here's her reaction to her cake. I think this picture may need to be framed someday. We combined the celebration of Kate's birthday with Grandpa Carson's so I made them two cakes. We put two candles on Kate's and several on Grandpa's but they were on the same tray so when we brought them to her I think she just saw this ball of flames sitting in front of her. She wasn't too happy. Classic though.

Then today I took Kate to her 2 year well check. 75th percentile in both height and weight. She's a happy, healthy little girl. She didn't even cry that much when she got her shots. I love that girl. When I took Chase a couple of weeks ago they asked if I wanted Kate to have a flu shot and I told them I would just wait for her appointment. Well, on the door this morning I noticed a sign saying that they were all out of flu shots. Great. So I was chatting with the nurse and I mentioned that I wished I would have gotten her one a few weeks ago. Then the nurse said that they thought they were all out but then this morning she found one more vial in the back of their fridge! Yeah! So, Kate got her flu shot today. I was so happy.
Oh, one more side note. Noodles are "loodloos" and pictures are "tipurs." There's one more but I can't think of it right now. I just love hearing her say them. I'm gonna be sad when she starts saying them correctly.
Also, yesterday Chase started doing a little army crawl thing! Watch out Kate, Bubba's gonna be chasing after you soon!

3 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Time goes so fast. Crazy that she is two. What fun presents she got. I love the Nemo costume and stuffed animal. So cute. Her hair is so curly, it is adorable. You will have to put up a video of little Chase doing his army crawl. So exciting and yet scary. It means time to re-baby prof the house right, with cords, paper, and all those things that babies are interested in, but toddlers aren't anymore. Wow, I'm so impressed about your Triathlon. Way to go! I was wondering about the matching shirts, until you said that. Happy Birthday Kate!

Danielle said...

Thanks for inviting Hannah over! I'm glad they had a lot of fun together.

Happy Birthday Kate!!!

Dinga said...

The picture of her crying because of the candles really is cute. Sounds like Chase is growing so fast too! Sheesh! Time flies. Cute fam. Keep up the good work Mom.