Disclaimer: If you are uncomfortable with nursing or throw up, don't read this post. I don't want to disgust you, I just want to have it documented for posterity's sake.
So, we're all sick...at the same time. We have everything you can think of. Achy muscles, stuffy/runny noses, nasty coughs, and we're throwing up. Well, Kate and I are anyways. Not that we have upset stomachs or anything, we just cough so hard it makes us throw up. So, the other morning I put Kate in her high chair and started making my breakfast. Next thing I know she's throwing up everywhere. So I'm comforting her as best as I can while she pukes her guts out and when she's all done I start the cleanup process. Fast forward to last night. I was in the bathroom coughing my lungs out...and all the contents of my stomach. Kate walks in and says "mommy coughing." Then she starts patting my back saying "it's ok, it's ok. Mommy sick. It's ok." It melted my heart. So sweet.
I've also caught her mimicking another one of my behaviors. On several occasions I've caught her with her shirt up holding a baby doll up to her like she's nursing it. Wow. Now, I know I didn't concensiously teach her that.
She's so smart and she's learning so much. It's non stop chatter all the time now and most of it makes sense. In the mornings she likes to watch "Cip-bird, Red Dog!" She's constantly carrying her cell phone around taking "tippurs" (pictures). And she's so sweet with Chase. She plays peek-a-boo with him and they just laugh and laugh.
I love my children. I love being a mom.
I just don't like being sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Being sick is rough! I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment