We had a happy little vacation at the end of July/beginning of August. First we went to Washington to visit my family and then we went to Montana with Chris' family for a few days. This post will be in reverse order because that's just how I uploaded the pictures and frankly I don't want to fix it. So there. :)
We had a blast in Montana. It was so cool and refreshing!! It had been so hot in OK that we were totally excited for the cool mountain breeze. We got our fill of it on one evening though! We took a trip to Ajax Lake. It's about an hour or hour and a half from the cabin and it was a bumpy ride the whole way up. When we got up there it was a beautiful lake. The weather, however was not so beautiful...unless you like to be soaking wet and cold. It did stop raining and we managed to get some good pictures, however, I keep getting errors when I upload them so this one will have to satisfy you. Isn't she lovely?
Here's the grand old cabin herself. Chris and his family built it a few years ago. Like, acutally built it...plumbing and all. They are pretty proud, as they should be. It's a wonderful place to escape the cares of the world.
On the way to the cabin, we didn't have so much fun. One of the cars we were driving broke down and Chris had to drive it 100 miles without brakes. Scary!! So, this is how we spent a good chunk of two days in Missoula, Montana...in the repair shop.

The kids were EXCELLENT, I must say. It would have been downright miserable if they would have been fussy but they weren't. I think Kate secretly was happy to be out of the car for a day. So, we spent a night in Missoula and went swimming and after a lot of swimming this is how our day ended. Note: the baby doll with the crazy hair. It's a doll my mom has that looks just like Kate! She loved the thing and wouldn't leave my mom's house without it so it made the trip to Montana with us.
The next day we went back to the repair shop only to find out the car wouldn't be ready for a few days. At that point we opted to rent a car and get to the cabin. Good choice. Kate got pretty attached to her aunt Kimmi while we were there. She'd always have to sit down right next to her. Even now she'll ask me "Where'd Kimmi go?" and I have to explain that she's with Grandma Bakker in Washington. I sure wish we lived closer to you guys!

Rewind with me again to when we were actually in Washington. I got to see an old roommate and friend from college. She has two boys about the same age as Kate and Chase. It was good to catch up with her. We also spent lots of time with my sister's family. One day we went to the Aquatic Center and we had a great time! Kate found a toy octopus slide in the kiddie section and spent about an hour just going up and down the slide. Definately her favorite part of the whole trip I would say. (I had a really cute picture to go here, but Chase just deleted it. Sigh.)
The kids were EXCELLENT, I must say. It would have been downright miserable if they would have been fussy but they weren't. I think Kate secretly was happy to be out of the car for a day. So, we spent a night in Missoula and went swimming and after a lot of swimming this is how our day ended. Note: the baby doll with the crazy hair. It's a doll my mom has that looks just like Kate! She loved the thing and wouldn't leave my mom's house without it so it made the trip to Montana with us.
Rewind with me again to when we were actually in Washington. I got to see an old roommate and friend from college. She has two boys about the same age as Kate and Chase. It was good to catch up with her. We also spent lots of time with my sister's family. One day we went to the Aquatic Center and we had a great time! Kate found a toy octopus slide in the kiddie section and spent about an hour just going up and down the slide. Definately her favorite part of the whole trip I would say. (I had a really cute picture to go here, but Chase just deleted it. Sigh.)
Here's my Mom and two sisters holding Chase and my niece Cayla.
And here's where Chris spent his whole time...learning to surf! It really looked like a ton of fun. I wasn't up for making a fool of myself in front of all the people standing in line but Chris absolutely loved it. He got pretty good too! I did ride the lazy river with Kate. It was pretty fun. The whole family went on the tubes together and we all had a great time.

I tell you, the Moses Lake Family Aquatic Center (well, I think it's called Surf 'n Slide now...old habits die hard) has just about everything you can think of. High dive, water slides, lap pool, shallow beach end with lots of kid toys, surfing, a lazy river, and a spray ground. They even sell swim diapers in case you're like me and don't pack enough. Here's Cayla and Kate enjoying the spray grounds.
I tell you, the Moses Lake Family Aquatic Center (well, I think it's called Surf 'n Slide now...old habits die hard) has just about everything you can think of. High dive, water slides, lap pool, shallow beach end with lots of kid toys, surfing, a lazy river, and a spray ground. They even sell swim diapers in case you're like me and don't pack enough. Here's Cayla and Kate enjoying the spray grounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment