Kate ran away from us for the first time last weekend. We were checking out at Home Depot. I looked down to get my credit card out of my wallet and when I looked up I couldn't see her. I asked Chris if he saw her and he didn't. Luckily, before we could panic I saw our little blondie staring at me from OUTSIDE the doors. Yes...she was outside the huge sliding doors just smiling away. Chris ran to go get her and she took off running! Wow, what are we going to do with that girl?
Then, last week when Kate was sick, she threw up at the table and got her whole booster seat messy. So, I took it apart and was washing the straps. At lunch I didn't have the straps to buckle her in but I figured she'd be OK because I was right there. Well, about halfway through her lunch, Chase needed a new diaper really bad. So I ran to the bedroom to change him and when I came out she was sitting on top of our table and playing with the salt shaker. I took a picture but it's downloaded on our other computer. I'll try to post it later.
She's getting really good at climbing on things. She can climb onto our dining room chairs and then onto our table so now we always have to keep the chairs pushed in. She's shutting all the doors in our house and she's almost figured out how to open them. I don't know what I'll do when she can open them. Sheesh...I thought child proofing was a one time deal, but it seems like we have to continually child proof this home. I guess nothing is off limits now.
From the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed she's non stop jabber. Today she grabbed her shoes and came up to me and said "shoes....outside.....shoes....outside" and when I told her we weren't going to go outside, she threw a fit. Sometimes sometimes I'll hear her walking around the house with her little bear and saying "It's ok, Honey, it's ok." She'll wrap her bear in a "dee dee" (aka burp rag that she's stolen from the laundry basket) and sing "gock, gock" (aka, rock a by baby). She's so cute and I just love her to pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kate and Hannah are so much alike! Hannah has been doing the exact same things and it's really throwing us off! She use to just walk right beside me and follow me without any problems, until a few weeks ago. She decided running off (for the first time) would be fun while I loaded the car with groceries. Now I make sure to put her in the cart! Oh the joys of new found independence!
Such a cute story about Kate and her teddy bear. It's so fun to watch them learn new things. I understand about the whole continual baby proofing. It's not easy. Sounds like you guys are doing well. I can't wait to see more pictures.
he he he! I love your posts! :-)
Post a Comment