Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kate's new ride


So, before you start thinking we're crazy, let me explain. The last week when I was at Walmart, the lady at checkout asked me if I wanted to donate a dollar to the Children's Miracle Network. So I did and I put Kate's name on the little balloon and forgot all about it. Well, on Monday morning we got a phone call asking for Kate. Chris told the lady "she's an infant!" so then the lady asked if he was the father. When he said yes, she said "Congratulations, you just won a mini chopper!" Crazy!! We were excited, but we thought it was just going to be a little bicycle. Imagine our suprise when Chris came home with a gas-powered scooter with orange flames on it!!

5 comments:

BrieAnn said...

That is AWESOME!

Kevin and Eliza said...

How crazy is that! So it is going to be your new ride? I want to see a picture of you on it. Wow I guess your dollar paid off for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, good for for you! But I think Kate looks like she's enjoying it a little TO MUCH in the second picture!!!
Love, Mom (Bakker)

The Wright Fam said...

It looks like you guys have had an awesome summer, full of fun adventures!! I love the pic of Kate on the motorcyle-- too cute!! She looked adorable on sunday too, I love her little ponytail! It is so fun when they start to have enough hair to do that!

Leslie said...

That is incredible!! What a great ride for her . . . in a few years. lol. Great story!