We've had some pretty funny moments with our kiddos recently and I need to document them before I forget them.
The first was a month ago when we took the kids to see Daddy's School. When we drove onto campus, Kate asks, "Daddy, is this a nerd school?" Ha! We got a pretty good laugh over that. (If you've seen Big Hero 6 you'll understand where this came from). Nerd school or not, it's not a shabby campus to look at, that's for sure. Actually, Chris and his buddy Ryan say that it looks better on the outside. Guess it's not so pretty on the inside. :)
As a side note, the airport is on the peninsula that the kids are looking at in this picture. This is also an incredible spot to watch the sunset. It's breathtakingly beautiful.
The next was yesterday on our way home from the black sand beach (which I'll hopefully post more about later). Kate was sitting up front with me and I asked her to be in charge of passing snacks back to Chase and Maddie. She was all excited and put on her best Mom voice and says, "OK, Mom, from now on, I am your assistant mom. Chase and Maddie can call me Mom." After some discussion we decided that it would be too confusing to have two "Moms" in the car so we settled on calling her Kate, but she could still be my assistant. Give that girl a little power and she will totally take over! Sheesh. (Hopefully we can instill a little humility and compassion into her before we set her loose in the world.) ;)
Then tonight at dinner Chase totally drowned his mashed potatoes and steak in gravy. This lead me to make a snarky comment, "Have some potatoes with your gravy, Dude." Then Chris tells him to look at my plate and say, "Mom, You're a hypocrite." (I kinda like my potatoes and gravy too). ;) So Chase starts laughing hysterically. It's what he does when he's nervous. And then the little stinker says it! His face was bright red as he said "hypocrite." He was laughing so hard and it came out super high pitched. I wish I would have recorded it. It was sooooo funny. I don't think he realized it was a real word so we had to explain to the kids what "hypocrite" meant. Then Chase says, "Like when Daddy said, don't climb the wall like this, and then he did it?" HA!! Totally backfired on Chris! Yep, exactly like that, Chase. Exactly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment