Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Chase!!

Wow, I've been majorly slacking lately. Sorry folks...if any of you still read this blog. This past month, well, last month, :) we celebrated Chase's birthday. Yep, he's a big boy now and he's running and chasing after Kate. Just trying to keep up with her. Here's some pics to document his big day.

He loved his new monkey backpack...until he figured out he couldn't get it off whenever he wants. He kept trying to see it. It was like a cat with tin foil on its tail. He kept turning around and around...very entertaining!


I just love Kate's face in this picture. This depicts the story of the evening. Kate finally "gets" birthdays. She was so excited for the presents and totally took over every present after it was opened. Poor Chase didn't even get to play with his presents until the next day.

Chase was so sick. I took him to the dr for his check up the next day and apparently he had RSV and a double ear infection. :(

Playing with his bike from Grandma  B. He loves it. It's still a source of fighting almost every day because the kids love it so much. I've got all the songs memorized too...

Look at the cute table!! I love it! We've used it for so many things already. Thanks G & G C! Now, Chase has figured out how to climb onto the chairs and onto the table. He points to the pictures and says "Da da!" (because there's pictures of Chris up there). Then he knocks them off the walls and dings the table. Sigh...

So here's some cake action for you. I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a #1 cake or a car cake so I made both. Then with the extra cake I made blocks with his name on it. It didn't really turn out all the cute but it was worth a shot and I really don't think Chase minded.

Taking his pick. I believed he picked the "A" block.

He didn't like his hands dirty.

So, maybe he didn't like that cake either. Hmmm, this isn't going so well.

Yeah, really not going so well.

Finally! He takes his first bite!

"Hmmm, this isn't so bad."

"Yeah, I really like this stuff. What's it called again? Sugar? Yum!"

After the first bite or two he really got into it.



"Ok, now I'm not so happy anymore."

Cleaning up.


Happy birthday Chase! We love you so much! You bring so much joy into our home and we really couldn't imagine life without you. Love you!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I LOVE BUHBUH CHASE!!!!! He's so cute! Poor lil guy, sick on his bday. He's very lucky to have such a wonderful mom and dad and to have such fun presents! It looks like for as sick as he was, he was a champ!