I'm losing my mind. I'm blaming it on my children though. That makes me not feel so bad. This weekend I gave Chris a McDonalds recipt to return something to Walmart. I'm glad I wasn't there when it happened. I did laugh pretty hard when he told me though. Really hard, actually. And, on another related note, I learned today that this year I will have aged two years (thanks to lack of sleep). That's great.
I love this shirt. Can you read it?
Chris is doing great. He works really, really hard. It's been a rough semester for him, and the kids and I miss having him home so often. Good thing it's only temporary! Only about 2 months left!! He takes the MCAT on April 23rd. I've got countdown chains going already. I hope he does well. He deserves to. He's also super excited that he saw a Ford GT in Edmond the other day. Don't ask me what that is, but apparently it's awesome and he never thought he'd see one in person. I just so happened to have my camera so we snapped a few pictures to capture the moment. Too bad I don't have the time/patience to post them right now. Maybe later.
So, it's cut off but it's the best picture. How do you like that fancy car?
Kate is really growing so fast. She is talking so much better now. I can actually have clear conversations with her. She loves to talk on the phone. Every day I hear "Call Stacey? Call Grandma Bakker? Call Cindy?" Over and over. She's like a little sponge. Just taking in everything she hears and sees. The other day we were having some friends come over and I was trying to get the house picked up. She was not having that. It was only 9am and she had already: taken out the contents of my camera box, gotten into a pack of gum on Chris' nightstand, climbed onto my desk and dumped out a bunch of mechanical pencil refills, poured cinnamon and sugar all over Chase's high chair (Chase loved that), dumped her crayons all over the table and started flinging them on the floor. At this point I lost it and I started yelling. To which she said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down! That's enough! It's ok, it's ok. Calm down baby girl." I was like, "why are you calling me baby girl?" Then I realized that's what I say to her when she starts to throw a tantrum. I laughed so hard. My name is Christine. I'm 28 and I still throw tantrums.
Proof of the cinnamon and sugar experience!
Chase is getting sooo big! I can't believe it's almost been a year since he came into our family. Since I last posted he has taken his first steps. He actually walks quite well. He just knows that crawling is faster so he never walks unless we make him. He is also learning to climb. The other day I was getting some recipes out of the cupboard and I turned around to see Chase's little head poking up over the counter. (My counters are about 4 feet high). It freaked me out! He had climbed up onto the fireplace (which he's been doing for a while now) and then onto a nearby recliner and was scaling the back of the recliner. I think I'm gonna find him on top of the counter any day now. NOTHING is safe anymore. I keep telling Chris we don't have enough high places to hide things. Now not even the high things are going to be safe.
Our little climber figured how to get on sister's bed today. (3-8-10)
Well, that's what we're up to. Today was so nice we spent the whole day outside. Bring it on, Spring! We're ready!
4 comments:
You guys are so funny! Sounds like they keep you running. Doesn't it make you wonder how mothers that work outside the home handle it all? Love You. Mom (Bakker)
Christine it is fun to read about your family and how things are going. Oh it is hard to have your hubby away doing school and work. I feel for you. The story about Kate and what she said to you was too funny. Crazy about Chase being such a climber. I know that would really make me worry about leaving him alone even while I went to the bathroom. I'm kind of grateful mine two really haven't been much climbers. It allows me to still be semi sane. :) Have a great day!
I loved the tantrum story and what Kate said to you-- too funny!! I admit that I throw plenty of tantrums myself. Little Chase the climber! I would be concerned about it, too. Good luck with that! I love that last pic of him on the bed. He looks so triumphant!
I miss you. I so wish our kids could play together. I would like to request a favor. When you figure out how to regain your sanity, clue me in on the secret. I boarded the loco-motion that never stops! Life is crazy, but soooo good. :)
Post a Comment