I don't know what's happened to my sweet little girl, but something has come over her. Today she got up at about 6 am (so not cool). At about 11 I went for a run with both kiddos in the stroller. We always stop at a park and play for a little while and then run back home. Well, when we stopped at the park she was sleeping, so we turned around and went home. (I figured Chase isn't quite old enough to know I passed up the playground). Kate NEVER falls asleep in the stroller. She hasn't done that for ages.
So we get home and she's still sleeping. I pick her up and she's still sleeping. I lay her down in her bed still sleeping. I turn around to walk out and she starts crying. I kept walking though thinking maybe she'd fall back asleep (after all, she did wake up an hour and a half earlier than usual).
So then she comes out into the living room and I'm like, alright, let's do lunch, watch Clifford and then go take a nap. I explained this plan to her multiple times - after Clifford we're going to take a nap. Over and over and over. So after Clifford I picked her up, carried her to her room and laid her down. The second I turn to walk away she starts crying. Now, I'm thinking I explained this to her so she knows it's nap time. I know she's tired. I'm gonna let her cry while I go shower and hopefully she'll fall asleep. (Chase is sound asleep in his room, by the way).
I can still hear her crying (well, screaming actually) when I get out of the shower. Plus, I hear Chase starting to stir in his room because of all the screaming. So, I go to Kate's room and tell her it's nap time and try to lay her back down. She's clinging to me so I think maybe she needs some cuddle time. So, I lay down in bed with her which usually helps her to fall asleep pretty quickly. Well, twenty minutes later, she's sitting up playing with her baby doll. So, I take the baby doll away. Not cool. She starts crying and crying and crying. So, I get her the baby doll back and I leave the room.
Screaming, screaming, screaming. I'm gonna lose it so I head outside for some fresh air. A few minutes later I come back into the house and it's all quiet. It took a whole hour to get the kid to sleep. At least I got her to sleep today. She hasn't taken a nap for three days now. I wonder how long she'll sleep? Now Chase is awake. Sigh...I do need to post on his 6 month checkup so hopefully I'll get to that soon. Maybe tomorrow during naptime? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The dawn of the terrible twos are upon us all... ahhhhhhh.... ok just kidding. It's probably the whole no nap for 3 days and getting back into the groove. She must have been super tired as you must have been too. You're a great writer Chrissy! Keep up the running too! How has the no sweets been treating you? I about lost it at Costco, but remained strong. Only 2 weeks to go!
Those make for LOOOONG days! Hang in there, Kenzi went through that stage too and she is back to taking 2-3 hour naps...so there is hope!
Post a Comment