Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Kids

Kate is officially a big girl now. Well, not quite. I suppose she won't officially be one until she's potty trained. We have made a huge step though. She's been sleeping in her big girl bed for a week now. The first two days were great! Then day three came. At naptime she figured out she could crawl out of her bed. I'm not kidding. At least 20 times I walked that little girl back into her bedroom and put her in bed. After 20, I shut the door so she couldn't get out. Then she fell asleep at the door instead of on her bed. She hasn't taken a nap in her bed since. Bedtimes are better though. After a few times of walking her back, we shut the door. Then Chris will go back into her room and put her on her bed. I'm hoping she'll get over this soon because it's a little annoying.

Oh! And Chase rolled over the other day! Well, he has a few times before but I just thought they were flukes but this time I watched him do it - twice. (I put him back on his tummy after the first just to make sure he could do it.) So, he can officially roll from his tummy to his back. Once I saw him roll from his back to his tummy but that may have been how I laid him down that time. So, we'll wait to declare him able to roll that way.

Sigh. My kids are getting so big! Can I just freeze time for a while?

4 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow Christine seriously your children are growing too fast.

Stacey said...

OH Kate, you'll realize when you're older that the floor is not a comfortable place to rest, and getting as much sleep as possible when you have time for it is a blessing sent from heaven. We sure love you both and hope that you dont grow too fast! Uncle Andy needs to meet Chase before he's at least walking!

Anonymous said...

As the years go by Time will go faster and your kids will be married with kids of their own before you know it!!! Love,
Mom Bakker

Kevin and Eliza said...

Christine you need to post some more. What's been happening this last month. :) I hope you guys are doing well.